Friday, October 14, 2011

Evaluation

After considering many different products, movies, and other types of interesting things to evaluate, I have decided to evaluate The Big Onion.  If you do not know what that is, it is a restaurant in the East Hall Commons.  I think that The Big Onion merits evaluation because I would make my audience Freshman at Penn State or Seniors in High School considering Penn State for school next year.  With this audience, The Big Onion is a very important and current topic.   It will become a large part of a Freshman's life because they will be eating there very frequenlty and it is so convenient.  That is why I thought that students should know about The Big Onion before they experience it. 

I would say that The Big Onion goes into the category of a Fast Food Restaurant.  Although it is not a chain like McDonald's or Wendy's, it has many similar qualities.  Besides the food, it is also a good place to watch sports, study, listen to music, or just hang out with friends.  That is why I think The Big Onion can fit into many categories and be compared to many different places.  In some ways it is like a Starbucks and in other ways it is like a Sports Bar, and those are two very different types of places.  That is why I have decided to just focus on the food aspect so that I can narrow down good criteria. 

As I just said, it is difficult to put The Big Onion into a category, but since I have chosen Fast Food I'm going to give five characteristics of a fast food restaurant that I can use to evaluate The Big Onion.  Five aspects of criteria are the quality of the food, the price, the hours it is open, the conveniece, and the lines.  The quality of the food at The Big Onion is excellent.  The buffalo chicken pizza is delicious on top of them having breakfast, smoothies, hoagies, wraps, salads, and wing and nacho nights.  The price of The Big Onion is unbeatable, especially because the the 60% student discount.  The Big Onion is not open 24/7, but it might as well be.  It is open very early and very late into the night which adds to the convenience of it because it is great for just getting a quick meal.  Other aspects of the convenience is that it is so close to all of the freshman dorms and that it has already made food that you can buy and then bring back to your room if you don't have time to sit and eat.  The one criteria that The Big Onion would fail is the line.  If you go to there at popular eating times or especially wing night or nacho night the line is very long.  That is that one thing that in my opinion The Big Onion should improve. 

As manny of my friends know, I am ALWAYS at The Big Onion so this evaluation might be a little biased, but in my opinion The Big Onion is just so convenient you can not really complain about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment